FIRST CHURCH IN JAFFREY
SUNDAY WORSHIP 10:30 A.M.
Looking Forward – Stewardship Matters
As the year winds down of the year, organizations and individuals look to the past and then look forward, assessing accomplishments and crafting plans for a better future. Churches are no different.
Stewardship means “to take care of,” but it’s a two-way street. We take care of the church through our investments of time and treasure; in return we gain a safe haven and a community. In November, the church leadership asked members and friends to invest in First Church’s future.
Let’s look back at 2022:
It began with the arrival of Steve Miller, our new pastor and the determination to emerge safely from the pandemic.
- Reopened church spaces welcomed the Scouts of America, AA, Electric Earth Concerts, and Amos Fortune Forum receptions.
- Attendance has steadily risen at worship services.
- Community service went global with the church’s leadership in gathering funds to help refugees in Ukraine.
- A successful 105th Fair and the 2nd annual Pie Sale enhanced support for local mission projects.
- Three “teaching” sessions led by the pastor explored stories of faith during Lent, the history of the UCC, and the Lord’s Prayer. Enthusiastic attendees praised the wide-ranging discussions and asked for more.
- The longstanding dedication to preserving our buildings in the Historic District was evidenced in steeple repairs, painting inside and out at the parsonage, and • •Parish House improvements.
- Pastoral care was extended to the entire community through, participation in events like Memorial Day and July 4, a collaboration with Cathedral of the Pines, and memorial services.
Can you imagine the incredible things we can do next year?
You can invest in this future through the Online Giving link below.